Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] A problem of building wireshark under cygwin (libpcap)

Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 18:18:57 +0800

All,

I met a problem when I was trying to build wireshark under cygwin, it
reported following errors when I ran ./configure:

Checking pcap.h presence... no
Configure: error: Header file pcap.h not found; if you installed libpcap
from source, did you also do "make install-incl", and if you installed a
binary package of libpcap, is there also a developer's package of
libpcap, and did you also install that package?

I can not found libpcap in cygwin lib lists, I also download
libpcap-0.8.1, but can not installed in cygwin environment. It reported
following error:

Checking for ANSI ioctl definitions... No
Configure:error: see the INSTALL for more info.

I also installed winpcap, but still could not work. Are there anyone can
tell me, how to install libpcap in wireshark? Or tell me how to handle
this problem in Wireshark?

Best Regards,
Chris