Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] ESP Patch for Hexadecimal keys

From: Frédéric Roudaut <roudaut.frederic@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 15:51:49 +0200

Hi,

as requested here is a patch in order to take into account Encryption and Authentication keys for ESP in hexa. You only have to write your key with 0x first. In this case if the key is not in 8-bit unit, it will be considered as starting with a "0" (4 bits). Excepted this case, the key should be completely written, even if it starts with "0x00".

Nevertheless, if the box contains a key with white spaces before "0x", it will be taken into account. Ie if the ESP preference contains " 0xffffff", it will not be considered as an hexadecimal key (4 white spaces before 0x). I do not think it is a problem but please tell me if it is, I will correct this.

Moreover I noticed an editorial issue in the Author files ;-). IPsec should be written like this and not IP-sec.
could you please update this ?

best regards,

ps : in attachment, you will also get some examples for using Hexadecimal keys (preference and capture files, IPsec policy for setkey).
ps2 : sorry for the off-by-one errors ;-(

---
Frederic Roudaut

Filonenko Alexander-AAF013 wrote:
Frederic,
Thank you for the response. While adding this feature, do you plan to add another checkbox in the ESP preferences so the user can switch between ASCII/hex modes for encryption keys? Thank you,
Alex Filonenko