Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Further HTTP woes...

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 09:27:02 +1000
This only affects PDUs that spans multiple tcp segments.

This can not be solved in the HTTP dissector but requires that the TCP dissector and the TCP reassembly code is enhanced to provide an api such as "reassemble tcp data from this segment and all the way until a RST or a FIN"
TCP reassembly does not currently support this and only support the api
"reassemble TCP until sequence number x"

So, the solution is :
1, enhance the tcp reassembly code to provide the new semantic : reassemble until RST or FIN    (most of the work)
2, change the http dissector to call this new reassembly api when content-length is missing instead of the normal one (a few lines of code at most)