Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] A question about debug using DDD

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 09:06:09 +0200
Nathan Jennings wrote:
patrick.yan@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
hello,

when debug with DDD, I set a breakpoint in function "proto_register_chlip" by command: b proto_register_chlip. then: run

but it display:
Breakpoint 2, proto_register_chlip () at packet-chlip-template.c:60
60       packet-chlip-template.c: No such file or directory.
         in packet-chlip-template.c

Can you tell me why I can set the breakpoint successfully, but cannot find it in .c file? whether I should set some parameters to make this breakpoint in packet-chlip.c file not packet-chlip-template.c?

You can "cd" into the directory where those source files exist and then start ddd, or look in the ddd menu "Edit" -> "GDB Settings..." -> "Search path for source files" and explicitly add the path there.

Could you add this to http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Tips?

Regards, ULFL