Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 18856: /trunk/ /trunk/epan/dissector

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 19:22:07 +0200
On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 10:52:19AM -0700, Gerald Combs wrote:
> Changing it back to 4 would make the preferences dialog unuseably tall
> on many systems (about 850-900 pixels under Windows).  What's the proper
> way to handle this?  There are five separate ESP preference items for
> each SA - can this number be reduced?  Should we stuff each dissector
> preference pane into a scrolled window and let them grow as tall as
> they'd like?

Basically, the short term "fix" would be to change it back to 4 and
whoever has a small window needs to set the font to something smaller if
he wants to use this. With your current "fix", it's unusable for almost
everyone.

The proper fix would propably be what you propose: Make the portocol
preference gui add scrollbars on demand.

 Ciao
   Joerg