Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal-dev and Ethereal-users mailinglists

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 20:59:57 +0800

Joerg Mayer wrote:
Dear Listmembers,

after doing the move from Ethereal to Wireshark (including the creation
of new mailing lists) the moderation process for the Ethereal lists has
basically stopped. I've just gone through ~250 moderation requests for
the old lists that have sat there for up to a month. In order to save my
time as a moderator and still enable outside people to send mails to the
lists I have changed these lists to umoderated. This will lead to some
spam getting through now, but I think that spam is more acceptable than
dropping valid posts (which *should* have gone to the appropriate
wireshark lists anyway but who am I to force people to move over).

I was wondering when I should unsubscribe from those lists, maybe you've now answered my question (depending on the SPAM level)! ;-)

Another (more serious) thought, though: usually in Mailman you can configure it to send an automatic response to any mailing list posts. Maybe Mailman could save some people their breath, er, bits by configuring an auto-response saying that Ethereal is no longer maintained, blah blah blah? Just a thought...