Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark-0.99.2 and OpenBSD 3.9

From: "John McDermott" <jjm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:43:38 -0600
Steve,
Can you please post the appropriate changes to README.bsd to describe what you did so other users can try that, too?

Thanks,
--john

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 03:11:06 -0600, <wireshark-dev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 08:40:38AM -0700, Stephen Fisher wrote:

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 02:21:47PM -0600, Dale Carstensen wrote:

> I browsed a bit in the gmane archive for the problems I'm seeing
> building wireshark 0.99.2 on OpenBSD 3.9, and all I found was a note
> about adding @GCRYPTLIBS@ to Makefile.am in 3 places, so I'm
> thinking the problems I see haven't been addressed.

I'm surprisd you're having so much trouble as it works without much
trouble on FreeBSD.  If I have a chance, I'll install OpenBSD (always
wanted to try it anyway) and see if I can get it to build.
Dale - I installed a fresh copy of OpenBSD with all the sets and the
dependencies and the latest SVN build works fine.
I installed Firefox first, which took care of most of them such as gtk.
I also installed python (and made link from /usr/local/bin/python ->
/usr/local/bin/python2.4), autoconf, automake, pkgconfig and gmake from
the packages.  I did setenv AUTOCONF_VERSION 2.59 and AUTOMAKE_VERSION
1.9 as instructed.  Then ran the usual autogen.sh, configure, gmake.
Let me know if the latest SVN still causes problems for you.
Steve

--
John McDermott, CPLP, CCP
Writer, Educator, Consultant