Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark-0.99.2 and OpenBSD 3.9

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 08:40:38 -0700
On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 02:21:47PM -0600, Dale Carstensen wrote:

> I browsed a bit in the gmane archive for the problems I'm seeing
> building wireshark 0.99.2 on OpenBSD 3.9, and all I found was a note
> about adding @GCRYPTLIBS@ to Makefile.am in 3 places, so I'm thinking
> the problems I see haven't been addressed.

This may be the same issue that was just fixed in the latest SVN;

  http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/200607/msg00242.html

> So I'm just dropping this note along, in case anybody has time to let
> the list know what's best to do about the problems.

Someone recently wrote a message about resolving OpenBSD build issues:

  http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/200607/msg00166.html

I'm surprisd you're having so much trouble as it works without much
trouble on FreeBSD.  If I have a chance, I'll install OpenBSD (always
wanted to try it anyway) and see if I can get it to build.

> Oh, and I see from the ports@ archive from openbsd that ethereal was
> dropped in, oh, July 2004, for having too many security
> vulnerabilities.

That's a disservice to users IMHO.

Steve