Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] conflict when built with OpenSSL on Mac OS X

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 06:04:43 +0200
On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 05:56:56PM +0200, LEGO wrote:
> My question is what is OpenSSL used for?

1) net-snmp (and ucd-snmp). IIRC, they are only needed to resolve OIDs to
MIB names by now, but I may be wrong.
2) mit kerberos5 support probably needs it as well.

> Can we replace it with GnuTLS?

Well, just don't use the two features above or

> What needs to be modified to drop this dep?

Replace the MIB-parser from net-snmp by our own and use some other
kerberos package than mit krb5 (wireshark supports two other packages
but you'll loose some features - I don't know which).

> Does someone else wants to help me in getting rid of OpenSSL?

I currently don't have the time :-(

 ciao
     Joerg