Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] First packet is malformed and empty

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 22:05:58 -0700
I recently started having a problem on my OS X machine with the latest
SVN where the first packet shows up as 0 length and is malformed.  This
always happens in Wireshark - capturing live or reading from a file, and
sometimes when reading from a file in tshark.  It just says:

1  0.000000                        Ethernet  [Malformed Packet]

> Frame 1 (0 bytes on wire, 0 bytes captured)
  [Malformed Packet: Ethernet]

I'm not sure if this started at a certain SVN or when I did something
else.  Even starting from fresh svn checkout and rebuild doesn't fix it.

Any idea what's going on?

Steve