Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] [Patch] Process all XML dtds directories

From: Mike Duigou <wireshark@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:31:57 -0700
The enclosed patch extends the way in which the xml dissector loads DTD definitions. Rather than loading only a single dtd directory this patch will cause the contents of *both* the ~/.wireshark/dtds (user) and the /usr/local/share/wireshark/dtds (built-ins) to be loaded.

The current dtd parsing logic doesn't have any special handling for the same DTD being defined more than once (and this patch doesn't change that). Specifically this means you can't reliably override a built-in DTD by installing an updated DTD in your ~/.wireshark/dtds directory.

Additionally, I wanted to create the ~/.wireshark/dtds directory if it doesn't already exist but wasn't sure if there was a clean way to do it. The required utilities seem to be available in 'file_utils.c' but that I wasn't sure if a dissector should be using that functionality. Any reason that file_utils can't be made more global?

Mike