Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] <kein Betreff>

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 20:20:27 -0700

On Jul 18, 2006, at 3:43 AM, adalbert.20.keil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

when calling
dissector_add("ethertype",VALUE, proto_handle);

how can i register more than one VALUE for ethertype

By calling "dissector_add()" more than once.

when dissecting the protocol, i want to get the value of the given ethertype for storing it in a variable. i got problems, because the tvb handle has always went over the first 12 bytes, where the ethertype is given.

If your dissector was called through a dissector table with a numeric key, pinfo->match_port will have the value of the key, which would be the Ethertype in this case.