Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Unresolved symbol problem with a tap (__imp__a_global_varian

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:32:13 +0200

> Windows XP
> Visual C++ 6.0
>
> I have built a few versions of ethereal successfully (not wireshark yet).
>
> I am currently trying to rebuild ethereal-0.99.0 after modifying the
> ANSI A-interface dissector, packet-ansi_a.c
>
> I am getting the following errors but I can't figure out what the problem
> is.
> (I have tried 'distclean' but it didn't make a difference.)
>
> Part of the problem is that there are no complaints about
> 'ansi_a_ios401_bsmap_strings' and 'ansi_a_ios401_dtap_strings' which
> are defined in the exact same manner!(?)

Without digging too deeply: Seems to be a missing definition in libwireshark.def.

If you want to use symbols from the "core" wireshark outside of it (e.g. from a plugin) you'll need an entry for each symbol in libwireshark.def (and if it's data you'll have to add the keyword DATA to it, looking at that file should make it clear).

Regards, ULFL

Jetzt gratis testen! http://freemail.web.de/home/landingpad/?mc=021130