Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Release early, release often? - What about a new release?

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 22:19:44 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Ulf,

Will that be a permanent solution? I mean, it will have to stay in the
installer since we never know when an Ethereal user is upgrading to a
version (0.99.2, 0.99.3, 1.0, 1.1 ....) of Wireshark. What happens when
the Ethereal stuff isn't removed but 0.99.3 is installed after 0.99.2?
Will it copy the stuff again, wiping Wireshark preference changes?

Thanx,
Jaap