Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Tough Situation, Should I Switch Back?

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 07:50:52 +0200
On Sat, Jul 01, 2006 at 01:21:18PM -0600, Bryant Eastham wrote:
> Let me apologize in advance for being such a pain about this. I have
> asked for a tag, or whatever you want to call it, for the 0.99.1pre1
> release several times now. I have received no direct response from any
> core developer as to why this is not a good thing. In fact, on that
> issue, I have received no response at all.

I currently see three reasons why this hasn't happened:

1) Why can't you tell your engineers to checkout a specific revision of
the trunk (or provide them with a complete archive by doing a "make
dist")?
2) Supporting projects that are "closed source" has low priority. Why
don't you provide the source to all of the wireshark community?
3) Gerald is the one who does the tagging - and he has been
moving/getting settled in a new environment.

 ciao
        Joerg