Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New dissector: exec (rexec) protocol

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 16:46:48 -0700
On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 10:54:00PM +0000, ronnie sahlberg wrote:

> I dont know how popular this protocol is today but since most of the
> payload for this protocol would be ascii text it would be nice if the
> decode of the payload were displayed line by line in the decode tree.

Thanks for your changes - I will review them and follow them in the
future :)

I thought about decoding the ascii payload.. but programs running with
exec don't always have ascii only.  The old application used at my work
uses exec to drive a GUI on the client so it's all unreadable.  What do
you think about doing a check to see if it is printable characters, and
if so display it?

Steve