Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] listen_rtp plugin

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 13:55:23 -0700
Alejandro Vaquero wrote:

Here is a new patch against the current SVN. Also commented out the "PORTAUDIO" variable inf config.nmake. And fixed the warnings in voip_calls.c and voip_calls_dlg.c

+struct dissector_handle {
+	const char	*name;		/* dissector name */
+	gboolean	is_new;		/* TRUE if new-style dissector */
+	fake_dissector_t	dissector;
+	protocol_t	*protocol;
+};

Don't do that. There is no guarantee that the dissector handle structure will have its current structure, so that it can be overlayed in that fashion; it's opaque to code outside epan/packet.c, and intended to be opaque.