Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: DHCP Option 82 - parsing problem

From: Andreas Malataras <malataras@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:55:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hello again,

An example capture can be downloaded from the
following link:

http://patraswireless.net/misc/Option82_Catalyst_3550.log

Regarding the protocol spec:
RFC 3046: DHCP Relay Agent Information Option
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3046.html

----------------

Do you have an example capture showing this failure?
And also, for the developers that dont have the
standard handy, a link
to the protocol spec?

On 4/20/05, Andreas Malataras <malataras@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> using the latest version of ethereal (0.10.10), I
> noticed
> that there is a problem in parsing of option 82
(Agent
> Information Option)in DHCP packets.
>
> Instead of displaying the "Agent Remote ID"
> sub-option,
> there is the following message:
> "Suboption 2: no room left in option for suboption
> value"
>
> "Agent Circuit ID" suboption is correctly displayed.
>
> I hope that developers can check and fix this minor
problem.