Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Found "Family Key Logger" in 0.9.11 ...

From: Raymond Wee <raymondwee@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 13:50:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Gerald,

Thanks for your prompt response. Sorry for the delay
on my part. Yes, I was running Pest Patrol v 3.2 (Jun
18, 2002). I've attached my findings & info from PP
fyi pls.

I'm asking around my peers if others also obtained the
same messages. Will revert if you need feedback.

Yes, I've downloaded PP from the web. For Ethereal,
they are also obtained from the web although some
obtained from org. like SANS also had the same
messages. They are contained in the Installer exe's.
I've actually installed the software as well. Once
installed, the same msgs pops up for ethereal.exe and
uninstall.exe (if these are info you need).

The strange thing is that it didn't trigger the other
softwares like PPMem (PP in Memory) and Norton AV...

Hope the above additional info helps.

Thanks again for your prompt responses and sorry for
the delay.

Cheers
Raymond Wee
Singapore